The pier purchase and the implementation of paid public parking are two critical topics that have become very intertwined since the revenue from paid parking is needed to cover the costs of the pier and avoid a property tax increase.
We will be discussing these two topics at our HBPOA meeting on Saturday at 10 AM in the Chapel Fellowship room. We plan to provide a virtual option if you can’t attend in person. Here is a link to the Zoom meeting.
The Town of Holden Beach Board of Commissioners will meet on Tuesday, January 18th for their regular monthly meeting. Highlights include:
- Public Hearing related to the pier financing.
- Updated Pier Plan with revised parking revenue estimates and adding a micro-RV-Park.
- Proceeding with the paid parking plan from Otto, which identified 935 public parking spaces on the island and significant changes to current ordinances. This includes the elimination of Post and Rope.
- Converting the Town-owned marsh-side areas in the 800 block to parking lots.
- Changing the lighting ordinances – several changes including no lights seaward of beachfront homes.
Click here for the meeting packet which includes the details on the above items.
We realize the majority of property owners will not be able to attend the Commissioners’ meeting, so if you would like to provide input, please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like us to read your comments at the meeting, please include a statement saying “I authorize a representative of the HBPOA to read this email during the comment period since I will not be able to attend in person” and send us a copy at email@example.com.