The Town of Holden Beach Board of Commissioners met Tuesday, February 19 for their regular monthly meeting. Click here for a summary of the meeting. The audio of the meeting is available here. Click here for the meeting agenda and packet.
The new trash ordinance was discussed and sent to the Town staff for revisions to include:
1. Island-wide rollback. Empty Trash and Recycling Containers will be rolled back to the street side of the home, under the home or to a corral if available.
2. Trash corrals are allowed.
3. Full containers would stay at the curb until emptied.
4. Containers can be rolled to the curb early. Eliminate the 48-hour street-side requirement before the designated collection day.
5. Enforcement fines would still apply to those not following the yard waste requirements and those placing trash on the ground or on top of trash containers.
The revised ordinance will be on the March agenda for approval. You can read more about this topic on the HBPOA website under Hot Topics: Trash and Solid Waste.